Gum Disease Treatment
Gum disease, also known as periodontal disease, is a bacterial infection that attacks the gums, ligaments and bone that support your teeth. Often painless, it may develop slowly or progress quite rapidly. Periodontal disease can occur at any age. Unless you have regular dental checkups, including a periodontal exam, you may not be aware you have a problem until your gums and bone have been seriously compromised. Some warning signs to watch for:
- Gums that bleed easily
- Red, swollen or tender gums
- Pus between the teeth and gums when the gums are pressed
- Persistent bad breath or bad taste
- Permanent teeth that are loose or separating
- Any change in the way your teeth fit together when you bite.
It is possible to have periodontal disease and not have any warning signs. That is why regular check-ups are so important.
For all your dental bridge needs, call our office at 713-668-9119 or email email@example.com.