A dental crown is a restoration that covers, or caps, a tooth to restore it to its normal shape and size. Its purpose is to strengthen or improve the appearance of a tooth. A crown can be placed for a number of reasons, including:
- A decayed or damaged tooth that needs to be restored to its normal shape and size
- A cracked or broken tooth with large cavities or worn fillings
- A poor-fitting crown
- A tooth that has a large opening on its top surface after root canal surgery
- A cosmetic tooth problem
- A bite problem
- To attach a bridge
- To protect weak teeth from fracturing
- To cover badly shaped or discolored teeth
- To cover a dental implant.
Crowns can be metal, tooth-colored porcelain, or porcelain fused on top of metal.
For all your dental crown needs, call our office at 713-668-9119 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.